If you have specific inquiries contact us here.
Maranon Capital Seeks Fund Accountant
Maranon Capital is seeking a Fund Accountant with exceptional critical thinking, interpersonal skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Record interest and other cash and non-cash activity to Maranon Funds’ general ledger through the QuickBooks software;
- Record interest and other cash activity to track performance for loans on both an individual and cumulative basis;
- Provide reconciliations monthly, quarterly, and annually to entries for internal reporting and for the year-end audit;
- Populate, update, and manage loan statistics for the loan portfolio Assist with funding process for new investments.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- One to three years of relevant finance or accounting experience. A background in fund accounting and/or loan portfolio data management is preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP accounting and loan terms and structures;
- Analytical abilities in a data-intensive environment;
- Entrepreneurial drive — desire to be a member of a growing business and contribute to its success;
- Highest professional and ethical standards;
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline driven environment;
- Flexibility and interest in promoting change with the ability to develop and implement "best practices";
- Must be effective working in a team setting, taking ownership and direction, as appropriate. Proficiency working with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word);
- Knowledge of ILevel, Sentry and QuickBooks not required but a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
Maranon’s Differentiated Career Opportunity:
- Unique perspective of investing senior, unitranche and mezzanine debt and equity across the capital structure;
- Opportunity to develop fundamental credit skills at a growing middle market investment firm alongside seasoned investment professionals;
- Exposure to the investment staff and other senior members of the team;
- Joining a small accounting team which can lead to a variety of learning opportunities;
- Entrepreneurial and growth-oriented culture supported by robust institutional processes.
Maranon offers an attractive compensation package that is competitive with prevailing market terms for similar positions
Maranon is seeking to fill the position for a Q4 2016 start date.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download position specification sheet.